Need a CIS account? Please visit the CIS self-service page.
Need your password reset? Please visit the password reset page.
Need help with Beocat? Please visit the Beocat documentation pages.
Emergency? If you have a problem with the systems and need help urgently, you should take one of the following actions. If you are in or near Nichols Hall, visit one of the systems administrators in Engineering Hall 2217 or 2218 (use the door off of the System Administrator hallway) to inform us of the issue. Otherwise, please call 785-532-6350 and ask for a systems administrator.
- I need some software by Microsoft for a project, can you give it to me?
- I need some software by VMWare for a project, can you give it to me?
- How do I connect to MySQL?
- How do I login remotely to CIS resources?
Guide to CIS Systems
- Computing Facilities - The computing resources cis provides to students.
- Computing Labs - Description of the public and research computing labs.
- Widows Labs Downtimes - Chart Showing when the Windows Labs will be down for maintenance
- X11 Forwarding in N021 - Instructions on setting up an SSH session with working X11 Forwarding on the thin clients in the N021 Lab.
- Windows Applications - Applications installed on windows lab machines.
- Remote Access - Access CIS services remotely.
- Backups - Information about backups and file recovery.
- E-Mail - Information on email programs and setup.
Basic Tips and Tricks
- Getting Help - Details on helpful resources and documentation.
- CIS Accounts - How to get an account to use cis computing resources, what passwords work where, and when accounts are removed.
- Changing and Resetting Your Password - How to get your CIS password changed or reset.
- Printing - How to print and where to find the printers.
- Disk Usage - How to access your files on CIS systems and resources available.
- Policy on Ethical Use of Computers in the CIS Department at KSU - Guidelines on how systems should be used and treatment of violators.