Need a CS account? Please visit the CS self-service page.
Need your password reset? Please visit the password reset page.
Need help with Beocat? Please visit the Beocat documentation pages.
Emergency? If you have a problem with the systems and need help urgently, you should take one of the following actions. If you are in or near the Engineering Complex, visit one of the systems administrators in DUE 2217 or 2218 to inform us of the issue. Otherwise, please call 785-532-6350 and ask for a systems administrator.
- I need some software by Microsoft for a project, can you give it to me?
- I need some software by VMWare for a project, can you give it to me?
- How do I connect to MySQL?
- How do I login remotely to CS resources?
Guide to CS Systems
- Computing Facilities - The computing resources CS provides to students.
- Classroom Podiums - How to use technology in classrooms for teaching and recording
- Computing Labs - Description of the public and research computing labs.
- Widows Labs Downtimes - Chart Showing when the Windows Labs will be down for maintenance
- Windows Applications - Applications installed on windows lab machines.
- Remote Access - Access CS services remotely.
- Backups - Information about backups and file recovery.
- E-Mail - Information on email programs and setup.
Basic Tips and Tricks
- Getting Help - Details on helpful resources and documentation.
- CS Accounts - How to get an account to use CS computing resources, what passwords work where, and when accounts are removed.
- Changing and Resetting Your Password - How to get your CS password changed or reset.
- Printing - How to print and where to find the printers.
- Disk Usage - How to access your files on CS systems and resources available.
- Policy on Ethical Use of Computers in the CS Department at KSU - Guidelines on how systems should be used and treatment of violators.
- Personal Web Pages - Instructions on setting up your personal web site.