From CIS Support
- I need some software by Microsoft for a project, can you give it to me?
- I need some software by VMWare for a project, can you give it to me?
- How do I connect to MySQL?
- How do I login remotely to CIS resources?
Guide to CIS Systems
- Computing Facilities - The computing resources cis provides to students.
- Computing Labs - Description of the public and research computing labs.
- Widows Labs Downtimes - Chart Showing when the Windows Labs will be down for maintenance
- X11 Forwarding in N021 - Instructions on setting up an SSH session with working X11 Forwarding on the thin clients in the N021 Lab.
- Windows Applications - Applications installed on windows lab machines.
- Remote Access - Access CIS services remotely.
- Backups - Information about backups and file recovery.
- E-Mail - Information on email programs and setup.
Basic Tips and Tricks
- Getting Help - Details on helpful resources and documentation.
- CIS Accounts - How to get an account to use cis computing resources, what passwords work where, and when accounts are removed.
- Changing and Resetting Your Password - How to get your CIS password changed or reset.
- Printing - How to print and where to find the printers.
- Disk Usage - How to access your files on CIS systems and resources available.
- Policy on Ethical Use of Computers in the CIS Department at KSU - Guidelines on how systems should be used and treatment of violators.